Sunday 10th November 2013 sees the annual Big Walk talking place along Main Road. The walk is taking place between Mowbray and Simon’s Town and due to the volume of people taking part some roads will be affected.
This is the official organizers schedule of road closures:
- Main Road from Simon’s Town to Lower Main Road, Observatory-expect delays due to large volumes of pedestrian traffic from 07h30-17h00
- Simons Town railway station North towards Blackhill Road- expect delays due to large volumes of pedestrian traffic from 08h00-09h00
- Main Road north and south bound between Blackhill to Fish Hoek traffic circle will be closed to traffic 08h00-10h30
- Main Road north between Clairvaux Road, Kalk Bay and Muizenberg- road closure 08h00-10h30
- Uxbridge intersection- Muizenberg to Lakeside -road closure, use Albertyn Road as an alternative 08h00-11h30
- Retreat, pedestrian crossing at Main Road Tetreat at Zwaanswyk High School-expect delays due to large volumes of pedestrian traffic from 07h45-08h15
- M3 incoming and outgoing onto Woolsack Drive-road closure 09h45-11h15
- Woolsack Drive and Baxter Road off ramp outgoing from Woolsack Drive 09h45-11h15
- Woolsack Drive/Main Road intersection-expect delays due to large volumes of pedestrian traffic
This is all take direct from the organizers own flier so for further information please contact them through the website www.bigwalk.co.za or call the event office on 021 7972960.
Emergency contact numbers: medical 021 434 1199, information line 021 812 4695